Dr. Alexina Mehta works with adults, kids, teens, seniors and families. Virtually all acute conditions and chronic conditions may benefit from Naturopathic Medicine.
There is a huge variety in the people who come and see Naturopathic doctors. Some people come because they are in discomfort with chronic symptoms.Others come to get a sense of what else they can be doing to be even healthier and happier then they already are. Athletes come to get advice about what supplements and eating plan will best support them. Mothers bring their kids in to help with eczema or trouble with focus or anxiety. Couples may visit to get guidance with having a baby. Busy professionals come to get a handle on the stress that is wreaking havoc on their body. Some come because they feel they are just not feeling quite right and don't know why.
With all of these people, there is a common thread..a desire to feel better then how they felt when they walked into the appointment.
Sometimes patients wonder about a few things, like "What if I am on a current health plan with my medical doctor already?"
I can reassure you that I work with your current plan if that plan is working for you and augment that plan with more solutions that you have not yet explored.
I do not have a plan moving forward for my health right now, and I need one. Can you help?
An action plan is critical when managing your health. I create a plan that makes sense to you. It is important to me that you understand what the process of healing entails and that you feel empowered when you leave your visit with me. I always let you know when I think you need to consult with an MD or a specialist of any kind. I believe wholeheartedly in teamwork.
Keep in mind...
1. I work with where you are at and help you see and understand the patterns of disharmony in your health so that it makes sense for you.
2. I offer suggestions so you can understand what can help you to move on a path that will alleviate the suffering you are experiencing.
3. I provide you with inspiration and hope so that you know your symptoms are not who you are, but what you are experiencing.
4. I stand beside you as your advocate because I believe in your infinite potential.
What I love about helping you!
1. I can often see patterns that perhaps you have not yet seen.
2. I show you a shift in perspective so that you see there is another way to work with your situation which leaves you feeling lighter and brighter.
3. I am passionate in empowering you with solutions using nutrition, supplements, remedies, lifestyle counselling and a variety of different treatments. I have 15 years experience in working in the health world and I can support you in sharing some of the knowledge I have gained.
If you have any questions, give us a call: 604-731-7789.
Share this post if you like what you read, thank you.
To receive FREE Natural health tips, and inspirational words, join my list here. Be in touch soon.
Best in Health and Happiness,
Dr. Alexina Mehta
- Nature has wisdom embedded within it. Darkness comes before dawn each morning.
- Breathing is what it is cracked up to be . Try it now.
- Here’s a valuable tip from my spiritual teacher….he says do not love your suffering. There is nothing beneficial about suffering itself. Love that life gives you another opportunity to try again and be better for it.
- Ask that you may TRANSFORM with ease and grace.
- Read about others who have overcome health struggles and look for answers on how they approached the situation differently then you are.
- Connecting to a higher power when you don’t feel so great goes a long way.
- Ask yourself what your situation is teaching you about how to do your life differently. And....for a limited time, I am giving away a 20 minute Pattern Changer Meditation if you make a comment in this blog post below-for the next 24 hours. $20 value will be yours, free! So, make a comment and I'll send you the meditation recording.
- Last but not least- be of service to another. Moving into the energy of gratitude goes a long way in changing your focus and celebrating the blessings that are in your life right now.
PS- EXTRA TIP. When you are not feeling so great, LOOK UP at the SKY. It will shift your focus. Here is a beautiful photo of Kauai that is a good place to start. Speaking of which, I'm leading a small group retreat there and would love you to check it out. All the details, and more are found herePhoto courtesy of Stefanie Webster
1. If you feel cold, cover up and bundle up. Staying warm and comfortable reduces the amount of stress the body has to manage at any given time.
2. Root vegetables (squash, carrots, ginger, tumeric, rutabega, turnip, daikon radish, maca root, radish, yam, purple potatos) are a great way to get comfort food without reaching for refined sweets and carbohydrates. Root vegetables are also grounding in nature and support a feeling of inner comfort that we tend to long for at this time of year.
3. Herbal remdies: Herbs are like food. They contain an energetic and physical substance that interacts with your energy. I like to think of herbs as if they had unique personalities. Immune modulators and Adaptogens are two groups of herbs that are especially helpful in keeping the strength of body up at this time of year.
4. Wash your hands. Think about your hands for a minute. Your hands are constantly in action. From picking up your keys to opening the car door, opening door handles in restaurants, bathrooms, offices, your fridge handle, washing machine door, dishwasher handle, touching your pets, grocery store carts...you get the idea! Now imagine where your hands go on your own body- rubbing your eyes, scratching your face, combing your hair...etc. Washing your hands can go a long way.
5. Do your inner healing. Stress due to various life situations causes people a lot of unwanted strife. Often one tries to shift stress at the level of the physical. Shifting at the energetic level makes a world of difference and allows you to come from an empowered place.
Hope you enjoyed these tips and please pass them on to all your friends and family. Everyone deserves infinite health and joy in their life.
Dr. Alexina Mehta
West Vancouver 604-925-2225